The most romantic of holidays is afoot. Valentine’s Day is steeped in sweetly decadent intentions with tokens of love, far-flung adventures and inspired dining. Every detail is gilded with heart-shaped flourishes, good chocolate and just a bit of indulgence.
Couples’ dining is the quintessential Valentine’s Day experience. At Vickers Restaurant, we’re unfurling a menu of classic fare with nods to timeless, refined dining during six seatings designed to pamper our guests, European-style, in a relaxed, romantic atmosphere. What’s the key to enjoying the most memorable meal on this day of devotion? We’re here to share a few tips:
Five Secrets to a Great Valentine’s Dinner
- Focus on each other. You’ve chosen a wonderful person to spend time with and have found the opportunity to do so. Make sure you enjoy your experience by focusing on each other and your beautifully prepared meal. Linger over your dinner—we won’t rush you. Our servers offer quiet service: we respect the moment between you and your guest.
- Book a table—soon. You don’t want to miss the boat. We’ve added more tables to accommodate the rush of lovebirds and have a few seats left on Saturday and Sunday. We’ve got you covered, but call soon.
- Dine fireside. Keep the sparks going and heat up your conversation near a romantic fireplace. Tip: Taking one of our earlier or later seatings gives you a better chance to cozy up by the fire with your special someone.
- Mix up the atmosphere. Variety is the spice of life! You can be assured that tables in all five of our dining rooms, each boasting its own unique decor, are guaranteed to be swoon-worthy, promises Amanda Burigatto Brogan, Vickers’ director of marketing and events.
- Look for an extensive wine list. Splurge on a bottle of bubbly or something new from our vintage, European-based wine list. You’re in good hands—our staff is well trained to make just the right selection for your perfect pairing.
Delight Your Special Someone with Our Valentine’s Weekend Menu
- Start with an indulgent appetizer: escargot de Bourgogne, little helix shells with garlic, champagne and herbes de Provence, or cream of mushroom soup chock-full of local mushrooms in a rich broth.
- Be enticed by our entrees: the Vickers namesake crab cake with Dijon sauce, iconic beef Wellington or pan-seared duck breast with brandied cherries.
- Save room for dessert: apple strudel is taken to an ethereal level with Madagascar vanilla ice cream, or choose chocolate decadence cake with raspberry coulis.
Call today to inquire about making reservations for Valentine’s weekend. Our Saturday, February 13, seatings are at 5, 7 and 9 p.m., and our Sunday, February 14, seatings are at 4, 6 and 8 p.m.
At Vickers Restaurant, we’re proud to be an Exton landmark since 1972, bringing to life an elegant menu bejeweled with classic French influence. Named a “Best in Chester County” destination, our historic site is appointed with all the trappings of a romantic Valentine’s Day adventure. With fireplaces aglow and gentle music filling the decades-old dining area—once a refurbished potter’s studio—we pay homage to the timeless style of relaxed dining. Won’t you join us?
Vickers Restaurant serves traditional Continental cuisine with classic French flair. Indulge in attentive service and outstanding menus in quaint and comfortable surroundings. The same European service is available through our stellar event planning service. Whether it’s a romantic dinner for two or a wedding for 150, you can rest assured you’ll enjoy the highest level of care and attention to detail. Join us for happy hour, dinner and live piano on Fridays and Saturdays—we’ve got the area’s most extensive European wine list and excel at vintage cocktails. In season, relax in our outdoor garden for drinks or dinner. Vickers is the perfect spot for fine food, cocktails and entertaining.
Photo credit Emily Ryan